Monday, October 28, 2019

ADULT COLORING BOOKS 


Some wonderful Facebook Groups
Are out there all you do is put in your facebook search Adult coloring...
And here are great links for free coloring printouts to get you started
-11 free coloring pages
Another spot for free in coloring  is

I hope you will also if you have a second
​check out my list of pencil cases and erasers with my designs on them thank you.



Coloring books for adults have become big these last couple years, When I was in my twenties a friend introduced me to poster coloring with markers beautiful unicorns and fantasy scenes on posters that had soft black areas I am sure some have seen them it was so relaxing and helped my mental health tremendously.. The books today for coloring are amazing the artist does wonderful work and I want to thank them for sharing with us all.

There are many books on the market like Dover which has been around for some time to the beautiful  Enchanted Forest by Johanna Basford. My favorite is the creative Haven series. wonderful illustrations printed one per page the  Back of page is blank and pages are  
perforated so you can remove and display in scrapbooks or frames and so on, The works are  beautiful and a joy to color with pencils and crayons, Beware markers and such will leak through use a piece of paper between pages so as not to ruin the next page in the book.  ​The images are great and the cost is even better. at Amazon from 4 to 6 bucks and they do go on sale. I also own The book I mentioned above Enchanted forest which I love for an entirely different reason it is like coloring a story and the book is so well made and a bit more expensive..

I also own Colorama books and they are also printed one per page the Back of the page is blank and pages are perforated so you can remove, some have more pages than others and they cost a little more than Creative haven. they are a mix of simple, real almost Photo drawings, and pattern images. but one I have that I really like from colorama is the Magic path. a list of books I have and ratings will be at the bottom with Amazon links. there are many books and artists now and I recommend you read reviews. Another great place to check out is facebook groups there are a lot of adult coloring groups and Pinterest has a lot of wonderful printouts and now we even have a kindle and other apps for your tablets I like the feel of real color pencils but the apps can be fun too.

Colorama HSN
Cats and Kittens 4 stars
The magic path= 5 stars
Decorations (Mystical Circles 4 stars
, Paisleys, patterns and more) 4 stars

Creative Haven
Enchanted fairies 
= 4 stars
Creative Cats = 5 stars
Steampunk= 5 stars
Fanciful faces= 5 stars
Art Nouveau - Animal designs = 5 stars
​Owls= 5 stars

Enchanted Forest --she has 2 more books secret garden and Lost ocean = 5 stars
Dover Mystical Mandala = 4 stars

Update 2019
one of my favorite books and art supplies currently 

Is Colorit they also have a great facebook page, youtube for tutorials, contests and more


 

this blog post has been moved from my other blog

No comments:

Post a Comment